The Changing Worker Experience
Globalization and demographic trends are increasing workforce diversity.
Changing Skill Sets
Stronger emphasis on adaptability, social and technical skills.
Greater attention to worker engagement, health, and well-being
The changing mix of workers and job demands raise new questions about how working provides people with a sense of fulfillment, opportunity, and well-being. At the same time, there is increasing interest in the role of alternative work arrangements and career sequencing on workers’ sense of inclusion and work identity. The Center is interested in encouraging basic and applied research on these and related worker issues, including for example:
1. The influence of job insecurity and temporary work on work identity.
2. The psychological resources and strategies that promote healthy work in non-career jobs.
3. The workplace ecologies that promote feelings of inclusion and engagement.
Related WSC Content
- Personnel Psychology Call for Papers/Special IssueDate: Monday, September 23, 2019 Personnel Psychology has a call for papers for their … Continue reading “Personnel Psychology Call for Papers/Special Issue”
- Gender-Focused Studies of Preliminary STEM ProgramBy: Elizabeth Moraff A notable opportunity emerged from our efforts to deconstruct … Continue reading “Gender-Focused Studies of Preliminary STEM Program”
- Career Paths in Stem for African American WomenBy: Yendi Neil Career paths in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) … Continue reading “Career Paths in Stem for African American Women”
- In Their Own Voices: Workers with Concealable DisabilitiesWork Science Center Network members Deborah Rupp and Lisa Finkelstein noticed a … Continue reading “In Their Own Voices: Workers with Concealable Disabilities”
- Network Research Highlight: Assessment Center Differences – What’s the Cause?Work Science Center Network member, Deborah Rupp, teamed up with other scientists … Continue reading “Network Research Highlight: Assessment Center Differences – What’s the Cause?”
- How to Use LinkedIn for HiringBy: Keaton Fletcher Social Media, specifically LinkedIn, has played an increasingly important … Continue reading “How to Use LinkedIn for Hiring”